Wednesday 19 August 2009

A bad week




This is Poppy. She needed an operation a few weeks ago to remove some teeth that were bothering her and I was worried she wouldn't survive the op. Well luckily she was fine.

But sadly, very very sadly after being on tablets for a few weeks for an overactive thyroid she was poorly on Sunday and on Monday evening I had to say goodbye.

I have had many cats throughout my 26 years, we've always had them since I was born. Poppy was 19 and a wonderful cat with funny habits and characteristics. She loved any food and would try to steal anything from you given half a chance. Even a chocolate brownie!

I can't tell you how upset I am to lose her. Those with pets will understand you love them like you love a person. The house feels empty without her. And she always came to see what was wrong when I was upset.

I'm sowing Poppy seeds in the garden for her. I wish these gestures really could bring her back.

-- Post From My iPhone

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Its so devastating to lose a pet when they're such a large part of our lives. Lovely idea with the poppy seeds x

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, I have 2 cats that turned 1 last week and I would be lost without them. You are right they are like a person and have such individual personalities. Love the poppy seeds idea.
Love & hugs Sophie xxxxx

Emma and Heidi said...

I really love your pictures of the yellow and red paln with the number 102 on and the old car.
From Emma