Tuesday 8 July 2014

I Make Fun Stuff: The Shop is Open!

Wow I've been really slack haven't i? I'd been pretty good at updating this hear blog and then it slipped back into obscurity again. I'm sorry for that but there is good reason! We held our summer street market on the 22nd June and then the very next week we opened our shop. So it's been a bit manic. 

So because that's the reason why I've been AWOL I thought it would be the best thing to blog about. Then I'll show you what I've been up to art wise since the shop opened.

The shop was opened by our good friend Freddie Millerchip and his Dad, local illustrator Joel Millerchip. Lesson learnt there, make sure your scissors are sharp!! They got there in the end. 






The shop is filled with work by artists and designers from East Anglia who regular take stalls at our craft and vintage markets. We carefully selected the work to ensure that it was of the highest quality and unique. It's so important to us that the shop is individual, a one-off and some thing new and exciting in our home town of Ipswich and sells products you can't buy on the high street. 

Feedback so far has been really positive so we're really looking forward to what will happen over the coming months and to start holding workshops and talks in the space as well. 

Let me know if you've visited and what you think! 




No comments: