Tuesday 6 October 2009

Zoe Murphy

Hi everyone, I'm sorry i've been so rubbish at blogging lately. I started back at work at the beginning of September (Sorry if i've already said this) and I am working long hours and more than I have for a long time which has been leaving me very tired and only home during dim hours of the day when pictures look rubbish! BUT I am getting into the swing of it now and I have been printing some new things and designing new bags so I will have goodies to show you soon.

In the mean time I thought I would tell you about my current discovery. An amazing designer called Zoe Murphy The chest of drawers on the left are screen printed on to wood :O I LOVE that!!

She also makes patchwork from hand dyed wedding dress fabric which she prints onto and then upholsters furniture with. Like that amazing footstool on the left. Man I love it. This is what has kept my brain buzzing whilst working with demanding students all day.

AND as if that wasn't enough she also does wall pieces on old bits of formica work top!

She is based in Margate and her work is inspired by where she lives. I can't get enough of it. Hopefully I will get some time to develop what i've been doing and show you the results. Only three weeks til half term!! hehe!

No comments: