Tuesday 30 March 2010

Goodies

I have had some wonderful finds recently in my local charity shops and at the I Make Fun Stuff Craft Market.
This bright red leather holdall was from my dear friend Wendy Ashby who had a stall at the market selling off all the things she's collected over the years! Had I been paid I would've bought so much more from her! I also bought a cut glass necklace and two teacups and a saucer which are sitting on my mantlepiece making
our front room look very much like the 1940s.
I got the beryl green teacups in a local charity shop, they were quite a find as I bought a pint jug the same from my friend Cathy's shop LoveOne a few weeks before and had been looking at this style of crockery on ebay. I popped in the charity shop one lunch time and found 11 teacups and saucers, 5 side plates and 5 bowls! All for £4! What a bargain.
And finally i got the granny blanket looking lovely on our old trunk and the rectangular dish in the above picture yesterday, more charity shop finds! I am really enjoying trawling for vintage goodies lately.

Happy days!

No comments: