Sunday 10 May 2009

Kirstie's Homemade Home


Have you heard of this wonderful 'new' programme on Channel 4? Thursday nights at 8pm! I heard about it months ago, saw it in the paper a few weeks ago and then completely forgot about it! Until last night when Chris text me saying Kirstie is on Twitter. You can catch up with the last episodes on 4OD and it now works with your Mac wooo!!!

Kirstie has bought a house in North Devon and in each episode she is renovating a different room. You see her learning new crafts, from blacksmitthing, to candle making to screen printing and how she chooses and barters for her favourite vintage items. Oh my it is awesome!! She goes to shops, reclamation yards, markets and through skips. Watch it people. Kirstie is lovely and the programme is so exciting.

If you like my blog, and what it's about, I have no doubt that you will love Kirstie's Homemade Home.

2 comments:

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

I also heard about it, forgot about it and then caught this week's episode. It's fun and hopefully will enlighten more people about the joys and benefits of crafting

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh... I read in the news that right behind her hedge is a house with an S&M Dungeon! Someone commented underneath that if she had known would she have put a "gagging order" on them!!

I like the idea of a make do and mend programme but not the money she has spent on the house! You can rent the house for the week via her website too.