Sunday 3 May 2009

Ipswich Historic Vehicle Run 2009

Today we took a little stroll over to the local park where they were holding the annual Historic Vehicle Run. It is in it's 39th year! The cars, vans, buses, motorbikes and military vehicles all congregate at the park and then all ride off to the local seaside resort of Felixstowe where they line up along the whole of the promenade!

Look at these beauties! There were so many there Chris and I were a bit overwhelmed. We weren't expecting it to be quite so busy with cars and people.

Here are a few pics of my particular favourites but they had vehicles there from before 1920 right up until the 70s. The bus on the left makes me think of the Miss Marple Episode Nemesis where she is on a coach tour where all the passengers are linked by the same person. I also love Morris Minors especially the ones with wood cladding! I loved this one because of the picnic basket on the back. Chris agreed with me, one day we will have a vintage car, for summertime picnic outings!

No comments: